Posted by Richard Harris | | Posted On Friday, May 28, 2010 at 6:44 AM

These books will not be in any specific order, there is not a number one etc. The first book that has motivated me for the past 20 years is a book called Holy Sweat written by Tim Hansel. It is filled with great quotes and a system that you can work in order to get the most out of your life. The subtitle on the cover of the books says it all, "The remarkable things ordinary people can do when they let God use them!" It is an easy read and like with all my motivational books, I read it often.....

Number two is Soul Survivor by Phillip Yancy. This is a must read for me every year. Yancy is a writer, of course, but was turned off of church by his experience in a ultra conservative church growing up. He left the church for a while but found his way back. He uses the pages of this book to tell how 12 people influenced his life and in some way helped him in his spiritual walk. Great book and you would be surprised with some of the people he chooses. Keep in mind this is someone who has had the privilege too be around some great folks, but not all of the people in the book are people he knew personally. This book also gives reference books on the people he tells about and has led me to find other good books to read. My favorite books by the way are about real people and their experience.....by the way this book always makes me think of the people who influenced me and thank God for sending them in my life. This is always a good exercise.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for

Post a Comment